- One that assembles, as a worker who puts together components of an item being manufactured.
- Computers A program that produces executable machine code from symbolic assembly language.
- (programming) A program that reads source code written in assembly language and produces executable machine code, possibly together with information needed by linkers, debuggers and other tools.
- This assembler is much faster than the old one.
- (programming, informal) Assembly language.
- I wrote that program in assembler.
- One who assembles items.
- (nanotechnology) A nanodevice capable of assembling nanodevices, possibly including copies of itself, according to a plan.
- Assembler (nanotechnology) on Wikipedia.
assembler - Computer Definition
Software that translates assembly language into machine language. Contrast with compiler, which is used to translate a high-level language, such as COBOL or C, into assembly language first and then into machine language.