- Not in a straight line.
- Mathematics a. Occurring as a result of an operation that is not linear.b. Containing a variable with an exponent other than one. Used of an equation.
- a. Of or relating to a system of equations whose effects are not proportional to their causes. Such a set of equations can be chaotic.b. Of or relating to a device whose behavior is described by a set of nonlinear equations and whose output is not proportional to its input.c. Of or relating to the output of such a device.
- (of a set of points) not lying on a straight line
- (chemistry, of a molecule) whose atoms do not lie in a straight line
- (mathematics, of a function) having a product of independent variables, or a variable with an exponent not equal to one
- (of a system) whose output is not directly proportional to its input
- erratic and unpredictable; tending to jump back and forth
- a film with a nonlinear plot
non- +"Ž linear