An elastic band can be resilient.
- An example of resilient is elastic being stretched and returning to its normal size after being let go.
- An example of resilient is a sick person rapidly getting healthy.
The definition of resilient is someone or something that bounces back into shape or recovers quickly.
- bouncing or springing back into shape, position, etc. after being stretched, bent, or, esp., compressed
- recovering strength, spirits, good humor, etc. quickly; buoyant
Origin of resilientClassical Latin resiliens, present participle of resilire: see resile
- Capable of returning to an original shape or position, as after having been compressed. See Synonyms at flexible.
- Able to recover readily, as from misfortune.
Origin of resilientLatin resiliēns resilient- present participle of resilīre to leap back ; see resile .
(comparative more resilient, superlative most resilient)