A happy computer user.
- An example of a user is someone who works on a computer.
- An example of a user is a person with a drug problem.
- a person or thing that uses something (stated or implied); specif.,
- ⌂ a person who uses drugs; addict
- a person who makes use of a computer
- the exercise of a right of use ()
- a right of use, based on long use
Origin of userusersense ; from us(e) + -er; in usersense a substantive use of Old French user, to use
- One that uses: a user of public transportation.
- One who uses a computer, computer program, or online service.
- One who uses addictive drugs.
- One who uses or makes use of something, a consumer.
- A person who uses drugs, especially illegal drugs.
- (computing) A person who uses a computer or a computing network, especially a person who has received a user account.
- (pejorative) An exploiter, an abusive user (a person who uses something or someone unfairly, selfishly and/or unethically).
From Middle English user, equivalent to use +"Ž -er.
user - Computer Definition
- End user.The living, breathing human being who actually uses a computer or application to perform processes that yield end results.
- The person, organization, process, device, program, system, or other entity that exploits another person, organization, process, device, program, system, or other entity.
An individual who uses a computer or some other equipment. Also called an "end user." The terms "user" and "end user" are synonymous; however, because IT professionals are users themselves when they operate the computer, they may prefer to use "end user" for the target user (employee or customer). See system development life cycle.